When it comes to county fairs, the list of activities isn’t much bigger than what the Tri-County Fair offers attendees July 12-15 in Wishek.
The combined talents of fair organizers from Emmons, Logan and McIntosh counties has gathered south-central North Dakotans together since 1926.
• Free daily gate admission
• Vendor and craft shows July 13-15
• Daily carnival rides with unlimited rides from 1 to 5 p.m. July 15
• Single event grandstand admission $12 adult, $5 children ages 6 to 12, and 5 years of age and younger admitted free
• Fairgrounds located 1 mile west of Wishek
• ZZ-3, a ZZ Top tribute band, complete with hats, shades and beards, plays in concert, with custom-built drums and guitars, at 10 p.m. July 14; $15 adults and $10 children 6 through 12 years of age, 10 p.m.
• July 12: Stock car races and Open Class FFA exhibits
• July 13: McIntosh County 4-H Achievement Day; 4-H, FFA, and Open Class Horse Show, Open Class Home Ec and Agriculture exhibits, McIntosh County 4-H Animal Show, McIntosh County 4-H Premium Sale and Parade of Champions and 10 p.m. Avenger Joe concert.
• July 14: Kids Open Class Horse Show, Tri-County 4-H archery and sand volleyball tournaments, bingo, kuchen contest, Enduro races, Open Small Animal Show, Ranch Rodeo and ZZ-3 concert
• July 15: Sports booster breakfast, Open Class and North Dakota Jr. Point Show, Open Class and North Dakota Car and Tractor Show, ecumenical church service, soup and sandwich luncheon, Kulm City Band, bingo, TuffTruck competition, old time music and a watermelon feed
Go to the Tri-County Fair website at www.tricofair.com for more details.