Baton Rouge, LA 70802
About SGS Petroleum Service Corporation
For more than 60 years, SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (also known as PSC) has been committed to safely and efficiently meeting the product handling needs of the leading companies in the refining, chemical, and marine industries.
Our 2,400-plus employees serve at more than 80 refineries, terminals, and chemical plants across the U.S. and Canada. They are leaders in tankering barges, operating docks, switching railcars, and loading/unloading tank cars and tank trucks with a variety of oil products and chemicals.
Petroleum Service Corporation was founded in 1952 by Derryl H. Haymon in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
The company was the first to provide Coast Guard–licensed personnel to load and unload tank barges on the Mississippi River and other inland waterways. These men were known as “tankermen,” and PSC was the country’s first “tankerman service.” PSC remains the oldest and largest tankerman service in the U.S.
In the 1960s, PSC began providing other product handling services to major oil refineries, chemical plants, and storage terminals.
Growth and expansion in the refining and chemical industries in North America over the past decade created new opportunities for PSC to expand its geographical footprint beyond the Gulf Coast.
Our employees now handle a wide variety of refined products, chemicals, fertilizers, and plastics at sites throughout the U.S. and Canada.
In 2004, PSC was acquired by the SGS Group, the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company.
With more than 80,000 employees, SGS operates a network of more than 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.
Why Work For SGS PSC?
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation is an industry leader in product handling and site logistics. We load and unload more product than any other company in the U.S.
We’re proud of the reputation we’ve earned for quality service, and more importantly, for protecting our employees and the environment. That has been and will always be at the heart of our mission “to be the best at what we do.”
Applications are now being accepted via our website at www.PSCjobs.com for the following full-time positions at a new crude oil terminal in East Fairview, North Dakota:
- Board Operator – responsible for overseeing the production process by monitoring, documenting, and maintaining equipment and quality of product.
- Leadman – acts a working leader assigned to a specific post, ensures work is performed in compliance to specifications and procedures.
- Tank Farm/Pipeline Operator – oversees pipeline and storage processes by monitoring, documenting, and maintaining equipment and quality of product.
We’re a growing company offering competitive wages, advancement opportunities, industry-leading training, and a comprehensive benefits package to help employees and their families maintain health and well-being, save money, and better prepare for the future.
Our benefits include:
- Affordable health insurance – four medical plan options, with the company paying a portion of the premiums, as well as affordable plans for dental, vision, accident, and critical illness coverage for employees and their families.
- Life Insurance – the company provides life insurance in the amount of 1.5 times the employee’s annual base salary at no cost. Affordable supplemental life insurance plans are also available for employees and their dependents.
- Long-term disability insurance – provided at not cost to employees, with short-term disability coverage offered as a voluntary benefit.
- Matching 401(k) plan – PSC matches dollar for dollar the first 4% contributed by the employee, and the next 2% at 50 cents on the dollar.
- Paid vacation
- Safety incentives and bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts – for new automobiles, cellular phone service, homeowner’s and auto insurance, and gym/health club memberships.