Center, ND 58530
About Minnkota Power Cooperative, Inc.
Our power is our people
Minnkota Power Cooperative has a wide range of knowledgeable and skilled employees who work to bring reliable, low-cost electric energy to rural America.
Our workforce consists of power plant personnel, engineers, electricians, line workers, technicians, accountants and many other positions needed to manage our unique business.
Corporate headquarters for Minnkota are located in Grand Forks, N.D. The primary source for electric generation is the Milton R. Young Station, a power plant located 35 miles northwest of Bismarck, N.D.
In total, Minnkota employs approximately 384 people.
Can you imagine a world without electricity?
For the last 75 years, Minnkota has played a major role in bring a better quality of life to the residents of eastern North Dakota and northwestern Minnesota.
Minnkota provides wholesale electric energy to 11 member distribution cooperatives. These co-ops, in turn, serve more than 128,000 retail consumers, including many of the region’s homes, farms, schools and businesses.
When you work at Minnkota, you know you have an important job in an industry that will last.
Great places to live and work
Minnkota makes career growth and development a priority by creating a challenging and rewarding work environment. Minnkota also promotes a true work-life balance that helps enhance the quality of life for its employees.
Employment Opportunities Available:
Minnkota Power is seeking qualified candidates for temporary summer positions located at the Milton R. Young Station located near Center, ND.
The Milton R. Young Station is a two-unit coal-fired power plant, providing a stable energy source for our cooperative member-owners.
The station is located 35 miles from Bismarck, North Dakota, a growing and progressive city with many recreational opportunities.
Wage would be $14-15 per hour.
Operations (3 positions)
- Mow and trim grass around plant and designated lake areas.
- Garbage pickup around the lake.
- Vacuum tripper rooms.
- Weed tree rows.
- Plant site cleanup.
- Outside painting.
Warehouse (2 positions)
- Perform annual physical inventory of spare parts.
- Cleaning and paining of warehouse facilities.
- Assist warehouse personnel during vacation periods.
Engineering (1 position)
- Walk down and update P&ID’s
On-line applications can be found at www.Minnkota.com. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application.
Minnkota Power is seeking qualified applicants for a Right of Way Agent located in our Grand Forks, ND offices. Job Responsibilities include:
- Secure property rights to meet Minnkota's requirements
- Assists in the management, acquisition and disposal of real property
- Assists in the maintenance of property records
- Responsible for investigation and resolution of property related damage claims
- Responsible for contacting landowners for transmission line maintenance
- Assist in the investigation and settlement on damage to power poles
- Coordinate tree trimming activities with land owners
- Knowledge of AutoCAD (Civil 3D) and ESRI software for property drawings
- Knowledge of Trimble survey and mapping grade GPS
Individual must have a minimum of a two year technical education or equivalent experience in right of way.
This person should be knowledgeable about farming. He/she should also be knowledgeable about real estate appraising. Also have a good working knowledge of engineering and real estate law as these relate to right of way work for an electric utility. Must have the ability to communicate well in negotiations.
Engineering, negotiation, real estate law, and appraisal knowledge can be obtained through course work at the university and through courses offered through the International Right‑of‑Way Association.
On-line applications can be found at www.Minnkota.com. Closing date to submit applications is April 3, 2015. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed
Minnkota Power is seeking qualified applicants for a System Operations Training Administrator located in our Grand Forks, ND offices. This position is responsible for the training of the Power System Operators (PSOs) who direct and support the daily real-time operation of the regional electric system, including dispatch functions associated with responding to outages, emergencies and other routine service work. Job Responsibilities include:
- Development and administration of the training program for PSOs
- Delivering recurrent on the job training and qualifying new PSOs
- Ensuring PSO Training Compliance with NERC Standards and maintaining training databases
- Administering continuing education hours for NERC certification
Individual must have a minimum of a two year technical education in electrical technology or equivalent and must be able to successfully pass a Personnel Risk Assessment. Applicable experience includes 3 years as a PSO or 1 year as a PSO Engineer. Must possess or be able to obtain NERC certification as a Reliability Coordinator.
On-line applications can be found at www.Minnkota.com. Closing date to submit applications is April 3, 2015. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application.
Minnkota Power is seeking qualified applicants for an Administrative Clerk at the Milton R. Young Station located near Center, ND. The Milton R. Young Station is a two-unit coal-fired power plant, providing a stable energy source for our cooperative member-owners. The station is located 35 miles from Bismarck, North Dakota, a growing and progressive city with many recreational opportunities. Responsibilities include:
- Word processing, spreadsheet, and document production
- Purchasing, receiving, and inventory activity
- Administrative duties
- Record and transcribe meeting minutes
- Answer switchboard and greet visitors
- Maintain station filing system
Individual must have an associate’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
On-line applications can be found at www.Minnkota.com. Closing date to submit applications is 4-6-2015. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application.
If you’re looking for a career that offers great pay, benefits, advancement opportunities and a sense of pride, we invite you to visit www.minnkota.com and click on the Employment tab.
Minnkota Power Cooperative is an EEO/AAP/Female/Minority/Disabled/Vets Employer