The U.S. Department of Agriculture is accepting applications for certain practices under the Conservation Reserve Program.

Practices eligible for enrollment include grassed waterways, filter strips, riparian buffers and wetland restoration. The Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program, an offshoot of CRP, also is open for enrollment.

Continuous signup enrollment contracts are for 10-15 years, with soil rental rates set at 90% of the existing rate. Incentive rates are not offered.

Eligible farmers, ranchers and private landowners can sign up at their local USDA Farm Service Agency offices.

Landowners interested in the programs also could qualify for additional financial incentives and cost-share help from the state Game and Fish Department, according to Kevin Kading, the agency's private land section leader

“Anyone who’s interested in seeing how Game and Fish can help add to these practices can contact a private land biologist in their area,” Kading said. A list of biologists is available on the Game and Fish website.

Subscribe to Breaking News

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.