Five educators in North Dakota are finalists for the state's 2020 Teacher of the Year award, the state superintendent announced Friday.
The finalists are:
- Jessica Brandt, Title 1 English and reading teacher at Central Cass Public School in Casselton.
- Karyn Chiapella, special education teacher and intervention specialist in the Scranton public school.
- Susan Lillian McPherson, English Language teacher at Northern Cass Public School in Hunter.
- Sara Medalen, reading and math interventionist at Minot’s Sunnyside Elementary School.
- Sara Thompson, reading specialist and instructional coach at Sweetwater Elementary School in Devils Lake.
You have free articles remaining.
Superintendent Kirsten Baesler will be visiting the teachers' schools in the next two weeks to honor each finalist and celebrate them with their school and community, a news release said.
The winner will be announced Sept. 30.