Subscribe for 33¢ / day

Mandan police continue to investigate a Dec. 8 shooting incident but little information is available as to its circumstances.

Mandan Police Lt. Pat Haug said investigators have spoken to two persons of interest police sought after the shooting on the 1000 block of First Street Northwest. However, after police spoke with one of the individuals, Haug said that information will not be released as it’s pertinent to the investigation.

“The investigation is still quite active,” he said Wednesday.

Twelve days after the shooting, police are “not quite yet” to the point of understanding the incident’s full circumstances, according to Haug.

"Still trying to get some people interviewed and track a couple down," he said. "Sometimes it takes time to find people."

Police do know all of the parties involved, Haug added.

“We’re still actively working that side of the deal,” he said.

A 32-year-old Mandan man was shot in the upper chest and taken to the hospital by private citizens after the shooting. He was released days afterward, Haug said.

The shooting was the second one in less than a week in Mandan. Court documents report an incident that occurred Dec. 2, when 18-year-old Eric Harrison Jr. shot 22-year-old Spencer St. Claire, who was later charged with criminal trespass in relation to the shooting at Harrison’s Poplar Street mobile home.

Haug previously said six to seven people were involved in that skirmish, which could be drug-related. 

Reach Jack Dura at 701-250-8225 or jack.dura@bismarcktribune.com.

0
0
0
0
0

Crime and Courts Reporter