Because of the expected poor weather conditions, there will be no school and no activities for Mandan Public Schools on Monday, according to school officials. Parent-teacher conferences also will be rescheduled.
Christ the King School in Mandan also is cancelling school on Monday due to weather conditions.
Bismarck Public Schools issued a statement that parents, if they wish, may pick their children up early by checking them out at the office. Parents of high school students who drive themselves may call the office to excuse those students. All Bismarck Public Schools absences today K-12 will be excused as weather related.
Light of Christ Schools has also released a statement, similar to BPS, that parents may pick up their children early and absences will be excused. There will also be no after school activities.
All eight NDHSAA Class B Boys Basketball Region Tournaments have been postponed to start Tuesday, March 6.
The North Dakota Department of Transportation and the North Dakota Highway Patrol have issued a no travel advisory in portions of northwest, central and southeast North Dakota including: Williston, Watford City, Crosby, Bowbells, Stanley, Bismarck, Underwood, Steele, Linton, Wishek, Ashley, Edgeley, Oakes and surrounding areas due to icy road conditions, near zero visibility and accumulating snow.
A Travel Alert remains in effect for the remainder of the state due to icy road conditions and reduced visibility. Cities included in the Travel Alert are: Dickinson, Minot, Jamestown, Valley City, Devils Lake, Fargo, Grand Forks and surrounding areas. Motorists are encouraged to reduce speeds, wear seat belts and drive according to the conditions.
Snow plows and sanders in Bismarck-Mandan will work 24 hours a day, starting on emergency routes and major arterial streets, to keep them open. Once the storm has passed and the emergency routes are open, plows will move into residential areas.
Residents are asked to move vehicles off streets to aid in snow removal operations.
- Mandan Public Schools - Closed
- Christ the King - Closed
- Bismarck Public Schools - Open, parents may pick up children, absences excused
- Light of Christ Schools - Open, parents may pick up children, absences excused
- Williston State College - Classes canceled, campus closed
- University of Mary’s Main Campus in Bismarck will be closed on Monday after 3:00 p.m.
- All BSC classes, offices and events are closed and cancelled as of 1 p.m. Monday.
- State offices in Bismarck will be closing at 3:00 p.m. This includes the Motor Vehicle and Driver’s License Offices in Bismarck.
More closings and cancellations:
- There will be no curbside recycling (Green Route) on Monday, March 5th. Service will be delayed by one day all week.
- The Bis-Man Transit paratransit will end service Monday at 11:00 a.m. BisMan Transit will work to ensure that all paratransit riders will get home. Paratransit service will begin again at 5:30 a.m. on Tuesday, weather permitting.
- The North Dakota Public Service Commission (PSC) public hearing for the Cherry Creek Pipeline Conversion project that was scheduled for Tuesday, March 6 in Williston has been postponed.
- Heartview Foundation - Monday evening programming cancelled. Including Outpatient, Aftercare and HEART.
- Bismarck-Mandan Chamber of Commerce is closing at noon Monday.
- Sanford Health Clinics in Bismarck and Mandan will close at 2 p.m. Monday. This also includes Sanford Occupational Medicine, chiropractic, therapies and rehab. The Walk-in Clinic located within the Sanford Seventh & Broadway Clinic will remain open until 9 p.m.
- Sanford POWER will close at 2 p.m. Monday
- MidDakota Clinic is closing its clinics today at 5 p.m., including its TODAY Clinic, which is a walk-in urgent care clinic.
- Bismarck Veterans Memorial Public Library will close at noon on Monday
- Bismarck Parks and Recreation has rescheduled the Tennis Night in America event from Monday to Wednesday, March 7.
- Burleigh County Offices closing at 3 p.m. Monday.
Courthouses in Billings, Cavalier, Dickey, Dunn, Kidder, LaMoure, Logan, McKenzie, McLean, Mountrail and Ramsey Counties will be closed Monday due to the weather. The Divide, Eddy and Stark County courthouses are closing at noon. Morton County courthouse closes at 2 p.m. on Monday.
The U.S. District Court in Bismarck and Fargo will be closed March 5 and 6 due to inclement weather.