Two months after a fight at the Kirkwood Mall in Bismarck, a man charged from that day has pleaded guilty to his actions while police have ended the investigation, pending new evidence.
Anton Corley, 27, of Bismarck, pleaded guilty last month to misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct and possession of marijuana in relation to the Dec. 15 brawl.
Bismarck Municipal Judge William Severin sentenced him to a year of unsupervised probation and to pay $500.
Bismarck Police Sgt. Mark Buschena confirmed Corley is the only defendant charged from the fight that reportedly involved as many as 20 people. At least four people sustained injuries.
Corley told police he got in a fight with eight other people “over something on Snapchat,” according to Buschena.
"The officer was unable to locate any more videos on this, and, without that, the city attorney’s office is unable to determine who else, if anyone, should be charged," Buschena said. "So until new evidence is discovered, that is the end of this investigation."
The severity of the fight brought the response of five police officers, multiple mall personnel and led stores to close their security doors.