{{featured_button_text}}

A stove-top fire in a Bismarck apartment prompted the evacuation of the building and displaced a resident.

Firefighters responded about 4:30 p.m. Friday to the Crescent Manor Apartments at 107 E. Bowen Ave., according to the city.

Firefighters used an extinguisher to put out the fire on the stove. An automatic sprinkler system had prevented the blaze from spreading.

A cat was found alive and taken from the apartment. The resident wasn't home at the time.

Residents of the building evacuated but were able to return to their apartments. 

The Burleigh County Housing Authority is helping the resident of the damaged apartment find temporary housing.

The fire department responded with three engines and 10 personnel.

No injuries were reported.

Get local news delivered to your inbox!

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Reach Jack Dura at 701-250-8225 or jack.dura@bismarcktribune.com.

0
0
0
0
0