Try 1 month for 99¢

An accidental fire occurred in Bismarck when a butane torch malfunctioned as employees were working on a vehicle at North Country Trucks & Parts Inc., 1660 Industrial Drive.

A report of fire at a commercial building was received at about 11 a.m. Wednesday and 21 Bismarck firefighters were dispatched, according to a statement released by Owen Fitzsimmons, fire marshal with the Bismarck Fire Department. Occupants of the building already had evacuated. Employees of the company used a hand-held fire extinguisher on the blaze, which did slow the fire's growth.

There was extensive damage to one commercial vehicle and limited fire damage to the interior of one of the maintenance bays of the structure, Fitzsimmons reported. There were no injuries.

Subscribe to Daily Headlines

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
0
1
1
1
0