Subscribe for 33¢ / day

Fire and smoke at a commercial office building brought a response from the Bismarck Fire Department, who extinguished the small blaze with 30 gallons of water in temperatures well below zero.

Ten firefighters responded around 7 a.m. Wednesday to the building on the 900 block of South Seventh Street in Bismarck, finding a generator on fire which the city reported they quickly extinguished.

The temperature at the time was about 22 degrees below 0.

No flames spread to the office building. Bismarck Police and Montana-Dakota Utilities also responded.

Damage to the generator was about $5,000. The fire’s cause is undetermined.

Reach Jack Dura at 701-250-8225 or jack.dura@bismarcktribune.com.

0
0
0
0
0

Crime and Courts Reporter