Try 1 month for 99¢

Attendees of a dance competition at Shiloh Christian School were evacuated when a gym speaker caught fire on Friday.

No one was injured during the evacuation. Damage estimates are about $5,000.

The Bismarck Fire Department responded around 1:30 p.m. to the school and discovered the burning speaker in the ceiling.

On site maintenance used a dry chemical fire extinguisher to extinguish the fire. Firefighting crews used high pressure fans to remove smoke.

Subscribe to Daily Headlines

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Reach Jessica Holdman at 701-250-8261 or jessica.holdman@bismarcktribune.com

1
1
2
1
0

Business Reporter