The man found in a Burleigh County home after a Thursday fire died of a gunshot wound, authorities said Tuesday. It wasn't clear if a crime might be involved.
You have free articles remaining.
Chad Entzel, 42, was found in a bedroom of the home after law enforcement officers and firefighters were called to the 43rd Ave. Northeast residence about 5:25 p.m. He died of a gunshot wound to the head, Sheriff's Maj. Jim Hulm said.
An autopsy has been ordered, and more information will be available when the department receives the report. That could take two weeks, Hulm said.
The fire was contained to the interior of the home. Authorities are looking at the home’s furnace and a small propane heater as possible sources of the fire, which Hulm said did not appear to have been intentionally set.
Reach Travis Svihovec at 701-250-8260 or Travis.Svihovec@bismarcktribune.com