Try 3 months for $3

Bismarck fire crews extinguished a fire in the oven of a restaurant kitchen on Third Street early Tuesday.

The restaurant was unoccupied at the time of the fire, and there were no injuries to any first responders.

The firefighters arrived on scene at 3:49 a.m. after a report of smoke coming from a building on the 300 block of South Third Street. They climbed ladders to the roof and found light smoke coming from a rooftop kitchen vent. Upon entering the building, crews found the fire in an oven had been left on to keep food warm overnight.

Damage caused by the fire was limited to the kitchen area of the restaurant, and the fire was declared accidental.

Subscribe to Breaking News

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Reach Jessica Holdman at 701-250-8261 or


Business Reporter