BISMARCK, N.D. - A man was injured rescuing his dog from a burning mobile camper Saturday.
Police received a 911 call at 9:29 p.m. Saturday that a mobile camper was burning on the 100 block of East Thayer Avenue, behind the Budget Inn hotel, said Lt. Dave Draovitch.
According to the police report, a 30-year-old man was using a stove to keep warm, fell asleep and awoke to smoke. The man escaped the trailer without injury but then went back inside to rescue his dog.
The man suffered some burns and was taken to St. Alexius, Draovitch said. The dog is fine.
The Bismarck Fire Department put out the flames, Draovitch said. The report didn’t include the type of trailer, the amount of damage or how long it took to extinguish the flames.