Morton County engineer Mike Aubol resigned last week after being placed on administrative leave in mid-January for not following up quickly enough on a request to assign 911 addresses.

In a letter dated last Thursday, Aubol wrote he is resigning immediately and moving on to other opportunities.

Morton County placed Aubol on administrative leave with pay on Jan. 15 due to a complaint from MDU regarding 911 addressing, according to a letter from the human resources director. The letter said it was not a disciplinary action and did not imply fault or wrongdoing.

MDU had been working to get 911 addresses assigned for all company-owned substations, submitting forms to county officials with GPS coordinates of the facilities, said MDU spokesman Mark Hanson.

Morton County was the last county MDU needed to complete, and an MDU representative had contacted Morton County 10 to 12 times in 2017, Hanson said.

An MDU representative then brought the request to a supervisor or commissioner, and the 911 addresses have since been assigned, Hanson said.

Morton County Commission Chairman Bruce Strinden said it’s the county’s procedure to place an employee on leave while investigating a complaint. Aubol resigned before the investigation concluded, Strinden said.

Aubol wrote in his resignation letter that he enjoyed his eight-plus years with Morton County and achieving more than $15 million worth of projects.

Strinden said he has a high regard for Aubol and is sorry to see him leave.

“He’s really an exceptionally good engineer,” Strinden said.

Morton County plans to start the process to hire a new county engineer, Strinden said.

A phone listing for Aubol was not current. The Bismarck Tribune extended an request for comment to Aubol through Strinden but did not receive a response Monday.

(Reach Amy Dalrymple at 701-250-8267 or Amy.Dalrymple@bismarcktribune.com)

0
3
0
0
1