The man shot in the first of two shootings in Mandan last month has pleaded not guilty to felony criminal trespass.
Spencer St. Claire, 22, waived his preliminary hearing Monday and entered his plea before South Central District Judge James Hill. Court documents say he was shot by 18-year-old Eric Harrison Jr. on Dec. 2 at Harrison's trailer on Poplar Street in Mandan, during an alleged break-in.
St. Claire is held at the Burleigh-Morton County Detention Center.
Mandan Police Lt. Pat Haug has said that shooting incident involved as many as six or seven people and could be drug-related.
Meanwhile, Haug said he will likely meet with the Morton County State's Attorney's Office this week or next to discuss the second shooting last month, on Dec. 8.
A 32-year-old Mandan man was shot in the upper chest and taken to the hospital by private citizens after that shooting on the 1000 block of First Street Northwest in Mandan. He was released days afterward.
Haug previously said police have interviewed 10 to 12 people regarding the Dec. 8 shooting.