Mandan police will likely soon send reports to the Morton County State’s Attorney’s Office regarding the second of two shootings last month in town.
Mandan Police Lt. Pat Haug said the investigation has led to interviews with 10 or 12 people, and two more are left to question. He said it’s unclear how many people could face charges.
“It’s still quite an active investigation. We’re still following up on leads,” Haug said.
A 32-year-old Mandan man was shot in the upper chest and taken to the hospital by private citizens after the Dec. 8 shooting on the 1000 block of First Street Northwest in Mandan. He was released days afterward.
Court documents say 18-year-old Eric Harrison Jr. shot 22-year-old Spencer St. Claire, who is charged with felony criminal trespass in connection to the Dec. 2 shooting at Harrison’s mobile home on the 800 block of Poplar Street in Mandan.
That shooting incident could be drug-related. Six or seven people were involved.