Bismarck Police responded to two apparent overdoses Tuesday.
Sgt. Mark Buschena said police went just before noon Tuesday to the 300 block of North 18th Street where a caller said his friend may have overdosed.
The overdosed man, a 28-year-old Mandan resident, had abused heroin in the past, his friend reportedly told police, and was alert when officers arrived.
He reportedly had taken three time-released Oxycodone pills. He was also wearing a necklace with a metal container which held powder that tested positive for heroin, Buschena said.
Police made no arrests, though the overdosed man's parole and probation officer was notified.
Officers also responded around the same time on a medical assist of an unconscious male not breathing at a State Street motel.
Police found the 35-year-old Bismarck man unconscious on the floor with a pulse, taking shallow breaths, according to Buschena.
After several minutes, the man regained consciousness but had no apprehension of his location. He reportedly admitted to using heroin.
Buschena said police found an uncapped needle in plain view in the sink as well as multiple needles, a baggie of heroin, a zippered bag with heroin inside and a wrapper of suboxone, a pain reliever for those battling a narcotics addiction.
The case remains under investigation.