Bismarck Police and Metro Area Ambulance responded late Tuesday night to a heroin overdose.
A man arriving home on the 600 block of North 24th Street found his friend turning blue on the kitchen floor, police reported.
The 36-year-old overdosed man reportedly had a shallow pulse and an injection site on his left arm.
Ambulance personnel revived him with a half-dose of Narcan, the nasal form of Naloxone, which reverses opioid overdoses.
Police provided oxygen and helped with breathing.
The overdosed man came to and reportedly said he had ingested heroin about 30 minutes beforehand.
He was taken to a hospital.