Investigation in Mandan homicide continues

2012-04-27T10:37:00Z 2012-05-04T11:28:27Z Investigation in Mandan homicide continuesBy MARA VAN ELLS | Bismarck Tribune Bismarck Tribune

Mandan Police Chief Dennis Bullinger said the investigation of Gloria Schmidt-Lozensky’s homicide is continuing but there will be fewer people working on the case.

“I’ve had a handful of investigators on the case all week and a couple I’ll be sending back to their other assignments,” Bullinger said. “We’ll be able to continue following up on things we need to do yet.”

Schmidt-Lozensky, 60, was found dead in her mobile home last Friday morning. Police identified Robert L. Mitchell, 65, of Mandan as the suspect Tuesday. Mitchell was found dead in bed Sunday. He had been staying with relatives, Bullinger said.

Bullinger said he doesn’t know when police will receive the results of Schmidt-Lozensky’s autopsy. He declined to comment on whether police have located a weapon.

“I’d rather not identify what we have found and what we are still searching for,” he said.

Bullinger said there are no other suspects at this time.

Reach reporter Mara Van Ells at 250-8251 or mara.vanells@bismarcktribune.com.

Copyright 2016 Bismarck Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

1. the great
    the great - May 08, 2012 7:52 am
    utterlyamazed ...Boy do ever know how to tell someome off. Although that is just your opinion, but i sure am glad i don't know you. Your mouth can sure do the talking. I was just asking a inocent question, not one to get told off by a person that don't know anything herself.I am sure I am not the only one that wonders how she died and the circumstances, thats pretty normal for someone to know. Try to have a better heart and it may make you happier in your life. You sound very bitter. I feel sorry for you to have that kind of a feelingso harsh.
  2. utterlyamazed
    utterlyamazed - May 03, 2012 11:04 am
    Why do you need to know how this poor woman died? I guess your curiosity outweighs an active murder investigation. You don't NEED to know anything. In due time, the family will have that information, and if they think you should know, they will tell you. I still amazes me how so many people think they have the right to know everything, quite frankly, unless you're immediate family, it's really none of your business.
  3. the great
    the great - April 28, 2012 11:53 am
    I wish they would let the public know how she got killed. I guess we just have to wonder and guess. They mention some neighbors to look for a knife and a hammer. What do we guess? Maybe a gun next. Its been long enough, I know this women, and I am curouis as how she got murdered, and same for the suspect, everything is quite. I can understand it from the beginning, but these people are buried already and I think we should be able to know what happened. You would think by now this is long enough.

Mandan man on probation for terrorizing

A Mandan man pleaded guilty to a felony terrorizing charge this week.

21 hours ago

Two died in the line of duty

The death of Sgt. Steve Kenner on July 8, 2011, marked the first and only loss of an on-duty officer in the Bismarck Police Department's more …

February 11, 2016 10:33 am

Dickinson man sentenced for high-speed chase

A Dickinson man was sentenced this week after pleading guilty to charges related to a police chase from Dickinson to Mandan.

February 10, 2016 12:00 pm

Mandan man wanted for luring charges

A warrant has been issued for Merle Thomas Bohe, of Mandan, for charges including luring of a minor.

February 08, 2016 6:30 pm

Driver dies in hospital following crash

The driver of a stolen car died in the hospital due to a head injury Saturday night.

February 08, 2016 6:15 pm

Man accused in fatal Enderlin shooting charged with 2 counts

Authorities have charged a man accused in the shooting death of an Enderlin man.

February 08, 2016 2:53 pm