Family members and their cat are safe and still able to live in their home after a smoky incident Monday.

Bismarck firefighters and police responded to 4837 Hitchcock Lane late Monday morning, after the family arrived home to find smoke.

Firefighters deployed hose lines as police assisted on scene. A pan of burned food on the stove was the apparent cause, Battalin Chief Jeff Holte said.

The home sustained light smoke damage. Fire crews ventilated the home to remove smoke. 

During their response, crews shut down power and natural gas lines as a safety precaution.

The family's cat was recovered after the incident.

No one was injured.

Reach Jack Dura at 701-250-8225 or jack.dura@bismarcktribune.com.

0
0
0
0
1