Two earn degrees
May graduates of Northwest Technical College in Bemidji, Minn., include two area residents.
Mandy Whitman, Aneta, earned an associate of applied science degree in sales, marketing and management.
Amber Just, Bismarck, earned an associate of arts degree in individualized studies.
Grantham University, Lenexa, Kan., has announced August graduates of the university’s online degree and certificate programs.
Troy Skelton, Bismarck, completed a bachelor of science degree in multidisciplinary studies and Michael Asuncion, Glenburn, received a master of science degree in performance improvement.
Several area students in the doctor of pharmacy program at North Dakota State University participated in a White Coat Ceremony on Sept. 9.
They took the oath of a pharmacist and received white coats symbolizing their duty to patients and colleagues as they enter the pharmacy profession.
Participating students included:
• Ryan Bernhardt, son of Rich and Sheila Bernhardt, Bismarck, who has additional minors in microbiology, chemistry and health care communications. Bernhardt is involved in Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society and NDSU men’s club volleyball team.
• Andrea Buzakovic, daughter of Danko and Jadranka Buzakovic, Bismarck. Buzakovic is involved in the American Pharmacist Association Academy of Student Pharmacists.
• Alaina Furcht, daughter of Steve and Sherry Furcht, Bismarck. Furcht has additional minors in chemistry and zoology and is president of NDSU women’s club volleyball.
• Amanda Stewart, daughter of Corey and Kathy Stewart, Bismarck. Stewart is involved in the American Pharmacists Association Academy of Student Pharmacists.
• Sam Markle, son of Scott and Sara Markle, Bismarck, and Deana and Frank Mack, Bismarck. Markle is involved in National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society and Golden Key Honor Society.
Owen Short, a Dickinson State University student and oil field worker, received a scholarship from the North Dakota University System’s Bakken U initiative, which was developed in 2016 to increase access to educational opportunities for individuals, and their dependents, employed in the energy industry in North Dakota.
Short moved to North Dakota with his family nearly six years ago from Louisiana to find work, and has since made his relocation permanent.
Short is working for Benz Oil while pursuing a degree in English. After graduation, he plans to go on to obtain a law degree.
Freshmen at UI
Isaac Jensen and Anne Klusak, both of Bismarck, Kristen Carsrud, of Minot, and Donna Martin, of Williston, are freshman students at the University of Iowa, Iowa City.