Dolly Snitselaar from Sioux Falls, S.D., will be the speaker for the three Christian Women’s Clubs meeting on Thursday. Her theme is “It’s Me Again Lord.”
She is a retired supervisor for South Dakota Tourism and manager of a women’s clothing store.
• 9:30 a.m. Brunch Group meets at the Bismarck Eagles Club, 313 N. 26th St. Theme is “Fashion Forecast," with a style show by Attitudes. Music is provided by The CWS Duo. Cost is $8. Make reservations by noon Monday by calling 701-258-3397.
• 12:30 p.m. Midday Connection will meet at the Municipal Country Club, 930 N. Griffin St. Theme is “In Your Easter Bonnet,” and participants are asked to wear a hat. Clyde Bauman will provide a mini concert. Cost is $10. Call 701-751-2869 for reservations by Monday.
• The 6 p.m. After 5 CWC Evening Group will meet at the Municipal Country Club, 930 N. Griffin St. Theme is “After Five Is Alive,” with a style show by C.J Banks and Christopher Banks. Cost is $12. Call for reservations by Tuesday at 701-202-5570.
hosts Easter worship
Good Shepherd Lutheran Church invites the community of faith to experience the wonders of Holy Week and Easter worship this year.
Maundy Thursday worship will be at 5:30 and 7 p.m. Thursday in Good Shepherd’s sanctuary. Good Friday worship will be at 5:30 and 7 p.m. Friday in the sanctuary. The Holy Saturday Prayer Vigil will be at 5 p.m. April 15 in the sanctuary.
Easter Sunday worship will begin with Good Shepherd’s Easter Sunrise Service at 7 a.m. April 16. Additional Easter services will follow at 8:30, 9:45 and 11 a.m. in the sanctuary. Easter services will also be held at 9 and 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. in the Lynne Center. Holy Communion will be celebrated at each Easter Worship celebration. All are welcome.
Good Shepherd is located on the corner of Washington Street and Divide Avenue. To find more information, visit www.GoodShepherdBismarck.com.
Holy Week services
held at Lord of Life
Lord of Life Lutheran Church, 1143 N. 26th St. in Bismarck, will mark Holy Week with several special services, beginning with an Easter Cantata at 9:30 a.m. Palm Sunday. The Senior Choir will present “Canticle of the Cross” by Joseph M. Martin. This Celtic-inspired cantata is a collection of traditional and Irish hymns. The performance will feature the Lord of Life Senior Choir, musicians and Celtic images. In addition, the congregation and Sunday School children will participate with a traditional palm parade.
Additional Holy Week services will be offered at Lord of Life Lutheran Church.
• 7 p.m. Thursday: Maundy Thursday worship with First Communion will be celebrated in the sanctuary.
• 7 p.m. Good Friday: A Tenebrae Worship – the deeply moving and reflective service — includes musical reflections on each of the seven last words of Christ and the eventual darkening of the sanctuary to indicate the suffering and death of Jesus.
• Easter Sunday, April 16: 8, 9:30 and 11 a.m. is a Festival Worship, with breakfast served from 7 to 10 a.m. by the Boy Scouts.
to share stories
of family growth
In a program on "Nature, Community and Raising Parents and Kids," Unitarian Universalist members Don Morrison and Janis Cheney will share their spiritual journeys and how they live UU principles alongside stories of family and epiphanies under the open skies.
Don Morrison, a member of the Fellowship since 1987, is executive director of Dakota Resource Council. He and his wife, Karen, raised their children, Alex and Nicole, in the Fellowship.
Cheney attended the Fellowship for the first time in November 1982 and never left. Retired from a varied and occasionally challenging career, Cheney's greatest joy is her family, including her husband, Stephen, with whom she raised their daughters, Barbara and Johanna.
Sunday services at the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship & Church, 818 E. Divide Ave., Bismarck, are at 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
Send faith briefs to email@example.com.