Construction began on the original Liberty Memorial Bridge in 1920. The bridge, the highways leading to the bridge from Bismarck and Mandan, was a $2 million project and the first in North Dakota to span the Missouri River.

The bridge was completed and opened to traffic in August of 1922 and dedicated in September of the same year.

With the construction of the New Liberty Memorial Bridge, the old bridge was demolished in October of 2008.

Tags